Thursday, June 17, 2010

WIP: Carving Totem Sticks Re-Visited (part 3 of 3)


OK, it's time to finish up the totem so that I can play catch-up with more recent projects. As you can see from the picture to the left the totem is finished and personally, I'm quite pleased with the final look.

Without any doubt, with my last couple of totems, I have seen my style in finishing them change. The additional accent made with the woodburning pen is something that I'm sure will be part of all future totem carvings. That highlighting really pumps out the "Wow" look in my opinion and I'm going to stick with it on totems while looking at other ways to mix it in with my other carvings.




To the right is a close up of the Thunderbird figure on top of the pole.















Here's a close up of the duck.















 And finally here's the bottom master builder figure.

Sorry that I still haven't come up with a good story for this totem but it wouldn't be hard. Perhaps I will just let the story find it instead. It now sits proudly on my shelf of totem poles as it anxiously awaits it's next neighbor.

2 comments: