Friday, October 2, 2009

A Chainsawed Bald Eagle


I just posted a video slide show of a bald eagle chainsaw carving that I did in September. I've never attempted an eagle by chainsaw before so I thought that I'd give it a try. I used a bald eagle walking stick that I carved 5 or 6 years ago as a reference since my eagles sometimes tend to look more like parrots. (HA).
He is an injured bald eagle now living at the ...Image via Wikipedia


I used a well seasoned yellow pine log that was about 4' tall and it worked out just great. After roughing I completed smoothing it up with my regular carving tools which also included the eyes. This was a nice challenge since my talent lies more with the mystical and fantasy side of carving rather than the "realistic".

At our annual fundraiser auction this eagle went for $95.00 which was a fair price. However, I might concentrate on my black bear chainsaw art more since that one posted here brought $270.00!

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment