Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's a Yellow Submarine!


After a carving a hippy walking stick I thought that I'd stay on topic with this posting. Well, it's not exactly wood or wood carving but it is a bit of creative art.

About 5 years ago I had an idea to turn our propane tank into a classic Beatles Yellow Submarine as taken from their eleventh album release "Yellow Submarine" back in 1966 when I was just 10 years old.

Anyhow, the paint was finally fading and the sub most definitely yearned for a face lift so I spent a day last week doing just that. I used an oil based enamel which did well on the tank and holds up good to the blistering weather, year after year.
Yellow Submarine album coverImage via Wikipedia
Now it's once again a bright and shiny part of our daily life and a popular spot to have your picture taken.

This was another fun little project that didn't take a lot of time to design and complete but now adds a lot of spirit (and a few laughs) to everyone's day where what was once just a plane white and boring propane tank that had no other purpose other than to supply fuel for hungry indoor appliances. Now it's a Yellow Submarine!

No comments:

Post a Comment